Adult Day Services
For Chippewa, and Mackinac Counties
A social activities program designed for adults with memory loss and confusion –
carried out in a setting that values the dignity, respect and the security of each
The benefits for the Caregiver are:
* A time to take a break and do something nice for yourself knowing your relative
is in a safe, positive, joyful environment.
* An opportunity to run errands, schedule appointments and plan time for pleasure.
* Help for you so you can continue to care for your family member.
Avery Senior Center
524 Ashmun Street
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
368 Reagon Street
St. Ignace, MI 49781
Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
Call Chippewa, Luce, Mackinac Community Action Agency
(906) 632-3363 or toll free at 1-800-562-4963
For more information about the program and how to get enrolled please call.
* Planned activities with each persons needs and abilities in mind.
* Socializing opportunities with warm friendly people.
* Exercise and rest.
* Music and dancing.
* Reminiscing activities.
* Meals and snacks.
* Keep your relative in the home.
* Help maintain dignity and self-esteem while enjoying social relationships.
* Opportunity to participate at their level of ability.
People in need of the program may be challenged in the following ways:
* Showing signs of confusion.
* Need assistance with mobility.
* Need assistance with eating and personal care.
Chippewa-Luce-Mackinac Community Action Agency, MACKINAC STRAITS HOSPITAL, the Brookdale
Foundation, and UPCAP AREA ON AGING SERVICES, INC.
PROGRAMS FUNDED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY:
*MI OFFICE OF SERVICES TO THE AGING
*UPCAP AREA AGENCY OF AGING
Staff providing the services are:
* A caring team that will encourage positive self regard on the part of
* Led by a Registered Master of Social Work, a Program Coordinator, a
trained Program Aide, and several trained volunteers.